Welcome to my third i7-3930K series of CPU block tests, the EK Supreme HF Plate#6 Copper/Plexi. I had previously reviewed and tested this block using the older P3 (Double slot nozzle) with my 2600K, however since that time EK has released a new and improved P6 nozzle plate which is a larger single slot nozzle. Using the p3 nozzle the Supreme HF P3 did well on the 2600K but a little behind thermally than other top blocks. Now that I had my new much larger 3930K system up and running I was looking forward to giving it a retest with the new nozzle plate.
EK sent me the new P6 plate recently and I have the old June P3 packaging, so this review is more of a P6/3930K test update rather than a full review. I did however save a bunch of my old review photos and will share with notes indicating what has changed since then.
This sample was sponsored by EK waterblocks, thanks!
EK-Supreme HF (HF stands for High Flow; revised version) is a universal CPU socket waterblock designed for the most hardcore enthusiast users.
EK-Supreme HF is a direct successor of the world renown EK-Supreme waterblock launched in 2007.
It’s main improvements are:
– better flow: due to improved design up to 70% higher flow compared to EK-Supreme
– better cooling performance: up to 4°C lower CPU temperatures
The EK-Supreme HF’s cooling engine uses fin design. The water (coolant) accelerates through thin jet plate’s channels and turbolently continues it’s path through 49 very thin channels which provide extreme cooling surface area. Very thin copper base bottom wall even further improves cooling performance.
The waterblock is already equipped with best performing jet #6.
The base plate is made of electrolytic copper lapped and polished to +/- 0.0007mm flatness. The top is made of quality cast acrylic material. Mounting plate is made of black painted steel.
CPU socket compatibility:
– Intel LGA-775
– Intel LGA-1366
– Intel LGA-1155/1156
– Intel LGA-2011
– AMD Sockets: 939, 754, 940
– AMD Sockets: AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+
Enclosed in the box:
– EK-Supreme HF series water block
– EK-CPU Easy Mount HF mounting mechanism with LGA-2011 add-on
– Universal Intel LGA mounting plate (preinstalled)
– Additional universal AMD Socket mounting plate
– Universal CPU retention backplate
– TIM / thermal grease: Arctic Cooling MX-4 (1.6g)
– With introduction of new easy mount mechanism, additional jet plates were removed from box. Despite this EKWB made sure the best performing jet plate is being preinstalled.
I have highlighted the LGA specs since it does note something about an “LGA2011 add-on”. My package was from June 2011, so I did not have this included at the time, but as of November 2011 new packages have the 2011 hardware.